The College supports the dissemination of completed or substantially completed peer-reviewed work, including for publications in books and journals.
For Open-Access Journals: To do our due diligence on whether this is a reputable journal, the U-M library provides guidance on open access publishing and has a link to a directory of reputable open access journals. Please check that your journal is listed, or provide other documentation of its reputability with your request. U-M also has discounted article publishing agreements with certain open access journals found here. If your journal is on this list please ensure you are being charged the discounted rate.
Proposals for support should include the following:
- Concise description of publication
- Narrative explaining significance of the publication in the discipline/field, for the applicant’s scholarship, the benefit to the University/College
- Why College funding is being sought: limited support from elsewhere?
- Budget ($5000 maximum request)
- Budget justification explaining basis for rates included in the budget
- PDF copies of the Publishing Contract (or any correspondence with the publisher indicating acceptance for publication/acceptance conditional upon revision/advance contract etc), and estimates/invoices for costs.
- Tenured or tenure-track faculty are expected to also apply for UMOR-TCAUP RCI Publication Subvention support, using Taubman College Dissemination Fund Publication Subvention support as a 1:1 match (deadline is rolling).
[In 2021-22, a total of $75,000 was budgeted to support faculty dissemination]