Sponsored Projects

Sponsored projects fall into one of two categories – external funding given to the University and internal funding given from within the University.

Externally-Funded Projects have a specific budget and deliverable(s), and are funded by a government agency, foundation, or industry sponsor, whose funding is given to The Regents of the University of Michigan. All proposals must be submitted through the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP), which is a subsidiary of the U-M Office of Research (UMOR). All proposals to external funding agencies must be submitted through ORSP, through the completion of an electronic Proposal Approval Form (PAF). Most proposals submitted normally bear some indirect costs (see below).

Internal U-M Funded Projects (outside Taubman College) would involve a transfer of funds to a Taubman College account. Internally-funded projects of a consulting nature are not considered “sponsored projects.”

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles