Hiring Temporary Employees

We are partnering with the university’s Shared Services Center (SSC) to improve the hiring process for temporary support. Below is information regarding hiring student and non-student temps.

Hiring Student Temps

Please use this link: Student Temporary Employee Request Form. See below for the department IDs, as well as the job IDs and the student employment office (SEO) job IDs associated with each job title:

Department IDs

  • Architecture: 372100
  • Urban Planning: 372200
  • Taubman College Administration: 372300

Job Titles, Job Codes, and SEO Job IDs

Job TitleJob CodeSEO Job ID
Administrative Assistant02600068007
Assistant in Research
Architecture freshman & sophomore only
Cashier/Sales Clerk0537007572
Editorial Assistant05560019071
Graphic Artist I03240028755
Instructional Aide01160063004
Laboratory Assistant03720016887
Museum Assistant03602028958
Office Assistant0510008178
Program Assistant02620062918
Research Assistant I02810015049

Refer to the Student Hiring Guide to help you through the student hiring process. As a reminder, please send all student job postings to taubmancollegecareer@umich.edu for consistent, equitable sharing instead of sending one-off emails. (The career team can brainstorm additional ideas if you are struggling to get applicants). 

Hiring Non-Student Temps

Faculty, please use this link for temporary research assistants: Non-student Temporary Employee Request Form. When asked: “Do you have a job posting for this position?” Select ‘Yes’ and use Job ID: 200661 (Research Assistant). SSC will direct the pre-selected candidate to apply to the position and process their appointment. 

Staff members hiring non-student temporary employees must work with the Taubman College HR team. 

If you have any questions, please reach out to taubmancollegehr@umich.edu and our HR team would be happy to help!

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles