Internal Preliminary Proposals Due: Jan 23rd 2023
Every year, the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts offers multiple funding programs, including the Grants to Organizations program that provides up to $30,000 (though likely much lower) support for Production and Presentation Grants. Information regarding the program goals, eligibility, application process, and evaluation criteria can be found on the Graham Foundation Website.
Organizations can only submit one grant application per year.
In order to identify a single proposal to represent Taubman College in 2023, Dean Massey and the R+CP team invite you to submit an internal preliminary proposal. This internal call is intended to confirm institutional support, and provide sufficient time for teams to develop a compelling proposal. The Dean, along with members of the College leadership team will review all internal submissions, and select a single proposal for advancement to the Graham Foundation.
In addition to the Graham Foundation Priorities and Criteria, Taubman College will prioritize support for projects that:
- Leverage the strengths of multiple Taubman College Faculty
- Enhance the profile of one or more of our degree programs
- Advance and expand the state of research in architecture, urban planning and/or urban design
Additional consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Involve outward facing partnerships with other U-M units, or high capacity not-for-profit organizations
- Align with U-M cross-campus initiatives, advancing Taubman College’s engagement and impact on campus
- Align with Taubman College strategic goals and key objectives
Internal Preliminary Proposal Requirements (3 Pages Max):
- Outline Description of the Project: Project description / Scope of work proposed / Outcomes and impact
- Articulation of Alignment with Graham Foundation Priorities and Criteria, U-M cross-campus initiatives, and Taubman College strategic goals
- Team Composition: Names and affiliation of core team members
- A Simplified Timeline for work (to align with Graham Foundation guidelines: estimated project start date of Sep 2023, with maximum project duration of 2-years)
- A Simplified Budget (may include additional secured or unsecured funding beyond the Graham Foundation to deliver the total project proposed)
Internal Submission Process:
Please submit your preliminary proposal as a single PDF to email@example.com by Jan 23rd, 2023
Submissions will then be compiled for review by College leadership team members, with a goal of notifying the selected proposal team members of the outcome within a few days. This is to allow sufficient time for more detailed Stage 1 Inquiry proposal development and refinement by the February 25th deadline.
- Internal Preliminary Proposals Due: Jan 23rd, 2023
- Graham Foundation Application Opens: January 15, 2023
- Stage One Inquiry Submissions Due: February 25, 2023, 5pm Central Time
- Stage Two Invitation from Graham Foundation to submit Full Proposal (if invited): March—May 2023 (rolling basis)
- Grant decision notification: August 2023
- Earliest project start date: September 15, 2023