Course grades are awarded on a letter system, A through E. These letter grades are translated into honor points for each hour of course credit, as follows:
|A = 4.0||B- = 2.7||D+ = 1.3|
|A- = 3.7||C+ = 2.3||D = 1.0|
|B+ = 3.3||C = 2.0||D- = 0.7|
|B = 3.0||C- = 1.7||E = 0.0|
In addition, the following notations are used to indicate unresolved academic situations:
|NR||no report from instructor|
|X||absent from examination|
|Y||course extends beyond published schedule of term|
No honor points are given for courses in which any of these grades are assigned. Students receiving a grade of ED or NR are advised to contact the College Registrar immediately. Students earning grades of I or X are advised to read the section on Incomplete Grades and to contact their instructors immediately.
Students enrolled on the Ann Arbor campus obtain grades through Wolverine Access. Grades for the current term will be available as they are entered in the computer system at the end of the term. Official transcripts must be obtained from the Transcript Department within the Office of the Registrar.
Grade Point Average
The grade point average (GPA) for a term is calculated by dividing the Michigan honor points (MHP) earned during the term by the number of Michigan semester hours (MSH) elected for the term. The cumulative grade point average is calculated by dividing the total of all Michigan honor points earned during enrollment in the program by the number of Michigan semester hours elected in that program. The Michigan semester hours do not include credit hours:
- Transferred from another program, unit, or institution
- For courses elected pass/fail or audit
- For professional work experience
Details for Faculty
- Grade rosters are available after Noon ET on the day after the last day of classes for the current term.
- Grade rosters will be located on your Wolverine Access/Faculty Business pages.
- Instructors enter letter grades for all students.
- Course grades are awarded on a letter system, A through E.
- Grades are due 72 hours after your final exam.
- Detailed Grade Entry instructions are available here (scroll down to the ‘Step-by-Step process’ section).
- Details instructions for changing grades are available here.