- Who is providing and maintaining the list? (Could receive names from various sources.)
- Request the list in the format you will be using to create the master distribution list – be specific about the information you will need. Determine deadline for receiving list.
- Who will be distributing invitations and maintaining the rsvp list?
- Who needs to have access to the list?
- Will you be creating email or printed save the date and invitations?
- Who needs to approve final versions?
- Create a schedule for save the date, invitation, reminders and final confirmation.
Invitation and RSVP Information
- Save The Date (send 2-3 months out)
- Event title, location, date/time, key features
- Main Invitation (send 6-8 weeks out)
- Event title, location, date/time, key features, detailed timing of remarks/program, contact information, registration
- Reminder (send 2 weeks out)
- Should be sent to everyone who has not already responded to the initial invitation several days prior to rsvp deadline date – resend original invite with REMINDER header in email subject line.
- Confirmations (if applicable)
- Automatic response to any registration – received rsvp, pertinent event details.
- Final Confirmation could be sent two days prior to event date and include directions/map to event location, parking information (i.e. valet, surface lots, street parking, etc.), any changes to original invitation information.