With a shared building, we all need to do our part to be good stewards of the common spaces, especially with added work of events. As such, the expectations for events include clean up.
Please note: Event clean up includes furniture break down and trash removal by the event organizers. Custodial and Grounds staff are only responsible for regular trash levels. If your event adds to the receptacles, pull the trash bag, take it to a dumpster outside of the building and replace the plastic liner in the receptacle. When hosting a large event, departments can contract with Building Services for supplemental custodial help if needed (this cost will need to be part of your event budget).
At the end of your event, please take care of the following:
- Tables – fold and stack tables (loaned from facilities dept or rented).
- Chairs – fold and stack chairs (loaned from facilities dept or rented).
- Power cords – coil and set at the side of the room.
- Tubs – clean out and set at the side of the room.
- Equipment (AV items; Lecterns; white boards; easels) – put at side of room.
- Games should be with all pieces and in an organized manner at side of the room.
- Ensure all trash and remains are removed from the space
- Food containers
- All event trash removal, including emptying permanent receptacles, should be coordinated by the event hosts.
- Temporary trash/recycle/compost bins – empty all contents and take to respective dumpsters outside of the building; fold and return bins to the cage in the loading dock area, room 1105 in the A+A Building.