International Students can utilize the following resources, external sites, and articles for information about career preparation and development. The U-M International Center provides a variety of services to assist international students, scholars, faculty and staff at the University of Michigan, as well as U-M American students seeking opportunities to study, work, or travel abroad.
The university partners with Interstride, a platform that supports international students with job searches, immigration support, and networking. Designed specifically for international students, the platform can be accessed using your U-M credentials.
- U-M International Center’s H-1B Information
- My Visa Jobs – Employers who have requested H-1B
- E-Verify Participating Employers – this employer certification allows graduates to utilize the STEM extension
- Article: Job tips for international students
- Resource: Mastering Your Job Search in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong – from Alumni Association
- Resource: Planning Tips for Finding a Job in the US for International Students
- Resource: Goin Global
This is not an exhaustive list of resources. If you have questions, please schedule an appointment with the Career & Professional Development team.